Sometimes it is nice to have a little bit if crunch. Something to nibble at, something to dip into your super green soup, a movie night nibble with home-made guacamole, something to add blue cheese to or scoop up that last bits of your homemade curry and Cauli-rice. That would be cue for a drum roll please….
I love these cheeky little crackers, they are simple, easy to make, totally primal and taste Yummers to boot!
They also look look good broken up and scattered over your super greens salad if you are wanting to go a little crazy!
2oz Almond flour
1oz Mixed seeds
6 tablespoons Almond milk
- Pre-heat a fan assisted oven to 50ºc (they can take up to 5 hours as you are dehydrating rather than cooking, but it is worth it.)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread onto baking paper to form a thin sheet.
- Using a spatula, divide into squares or a pastry cutter into shapes.
- You can also use a spoon and dollop and spread into a nice little biscuit size portions, flattening and spreading with the back of the spoon.
- Place in the middle of the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Check and if solid enough, lift from paper, turn and leave in oven for a further 2 hours till dehydrated and then set onto the drying rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you want to mix it up a bit, use coconut milk instead of almond milk and add some dessicated coconut for a sweeter lilt. Add more seeds as you desire…try golden linseeds. Or why not mix in a bit of grated cheddar to the mix! The possibilities are many!
Enjoy crunchykins! JL x