Sunday, Sunday, here again in tidy attire. You read the color supplement, the TV guide…You dream of protein on a plate, regret you left it quite so late, to gather the family round the table to eat enough to sleep…Oh, the Sunday sleep. ~ Blur
Ah, that Sunday feeling…no alarm clock, wake up with the natural daylight and allow yourself to steal away some time to read the paper or your book curled up in bed! Sounds good, no? Today was a great start, woke up with my own body clock (not the screaming electronic clock), FaceTime with my brother and the twins in Oz (ready for bed in their jim jams, utterly adorable), decent swim at the pool (warm up, intervals, sprints), then back home to make a right royal brunch (YUMMERS)!
I know, eggs, salmon and bread are rather commonplace on most brunch menus, however I thought I would add this delightful recipe using my own Primal/gluten free twist.
Smoked Salmon Scramble (serves 2)
- 150g Smoked Salmon
- 4 Eggs
- 6 thin slices of my primal loaf http://juicylucyjuice.me/2012/08/13/use-yer-loaf-kates-primal-bread/
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Organic Butter
- Chives (chopped)
- Pepper to taste
- I used a 10cm dia. cooks ring as a mold for my dish
- Firstly, lay the thin slices of loaf (3 small slices was ample) and cut out using the cooks ring for your round base
- Splash with extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the smoked salmon into pieces and then add to the mold
- Whisk the eggs, add the chopped chives and add some black pepper to taste
- Heat your frying pan over medium heat add a generous knob of butter
- Once the butter is melted add the egg and continuously stir till roughly half is scrambled
- Remove from heat and keep stirring till an even scrambled consistency
- Add to your dish on top of the salmon
- Remove the cooks ring mold, add some leafy greens and another splash of the E.V.Olive oil, slice right through all layers, pop in your mouth, close your eyes and enjoy the deliciousness! Ah…it really tastes good!
Enjoy Brunchykins! JL x