Tangtastic!…Mum is having a bit of a do! The ladies are coming over this evening for a quick bite before we all go off to the theatre! So what better way to test out my recipes. I decided to make one large loaf and an orange choc chip cake…I hope they go down well!
Oranges provide us with an abundance of Vitamin C for great antioxidant protection and immune system support, so it is not just a tasty fruit it is nutritious and a bonus for its’ sweetening properties! I found the orange makes the cake stay rather moist, whilst having a delicious amount of sweetness. A sprinkling of dark choc chips is the perfect finishing sweet touch!
Orange choc chip cake
- 3.5oz Almond flour
- 1.8oz Mixed seeds
- 1.8oz Chopped mixed nuts
- 2.5oz Desiccated coconut
- 2oz Organic dark choc chips
- 2oz Organic butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Orange
- Pre-heat a fan assisted oven to 170°c
- Wash one orange and put in a sauce pan covered with water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 1 hour
- Measure and mix all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Measure the butter and rub into the dry mixture
- Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture
- Once Orange is done, put into a blender or food processor (skin and all) till blended, add to the mixture.
- Finally mix in the choc chips
- Spoon into a butter greased baking tray
- Place on the top shelf of the oven for approx. 35minutes (check after 20minutes to gauge your time, or until golden brown and hollow to the tap)
- Tip onto a cooling rack and using a fork pierce all over the top of the cake
- Use the remaining half orange, squeeze the juice liberally over the top
- Place the cake in a cool place, allow to cool, slice, eat, enjoy!
This really is a tasty treat! I would never guess it is free from refined sugar! It has the sweet appeal I was looking for with the moisture to match! Enjoy cakeykins! JL x