These recipes are also great for anyone with intolerance to certain foods, eliminating gluten from their diet, or simply looking for alternative, delicious additions to a healthy, balanced ‘diet’.
I am so pleased I found almond flour (or ground almond). Almond flour, because it is simply ground almonds, offers the same health benefits as eating whole almonds. Eating nuts regularly can help your cholesterol, and a meta-analysis study published in the May 2009 issue of the “Journal of the American Dietetic Association” verified previous claims that almond consumption results in lowered total cholesterol, although almond consumption did not appear to improve LDL, triglyceride or HDL levels. When you have lower total cholesterol, you may reduce your risk of heart disease or stroke.
Kate’s Primal Bread
- 3oz Almond Flour (or ground almond)
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5oz Mixed seeds
- 1.5oz Milled linseed mix
- 1.5oz Butter (raw milk butter is better)
- Preheat fan assisted oven to 170°c.
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Measure and rub in the butter to the dry ingredients
- Whisk the eggs
- Gradually add eggs to the dry ingredients and mix till even consistency.
- Half fill a buttered loaf tin and place on the top shelf for 25 minutes or until risen, golden brown and hollow to the tap.
- Knock out onto a drying rack and allow to cool before devouring!
I made 2 small loaves, but one regular loaf is do-able. I also store in an airtight container in the fridge to maintain freshness.
Enjoy munchikins! JL x