This has to be said…for a cupcake which is totally primal friendly, they taste good!
Now, sugar addicts you may beg to differ…since there is not even half an ounce of refined sugar in these their sweetness comes from the coconut and blueberries respectfully. If you find they are not to your sweet tooth liking then simply swap the blueberries for organic dark chocolate chips (but half the weight).
- 4oz Ground almond
- 5 Eggs
- 5oz Blueberries
- 2oz Desiccated coconut
- 2oz Chopped mixed nuts
- 1oz Flaxseed mixture
- 2oz Organic butter
- Organic vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod
- Pre-heat a fan assisted oven to 170°c.
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients together. Chop the butter into the mixture and (with cool fingers) rub into the ingredients until it forms a rough paste.
- Whisk the eggs and add the vanilla essence (I added 3 teaspoons, but I think it depends on brand and personal preference. I actually think I could have added more) or if using a vanilla pod, remove the seeds and blend into the mixture.
- Gradually add the egg to the mixture and blend together with a spatula.
- Add the washed blueberries and mix well.
- Divide mixture between 9 cupcake cases.
- place tray in the middle of the oven and allow to cook for 30 minutes or until risen, oozing blueberry, and a golden brown colour.
ENJOY! JL x